MOUNTING YOUR SLEEVES
1/ At the corners and at the gate
Drive your corner posts, gate posts and end posts.
- For adequate strength, use 4 inch by 4 inch wood posts + #36W Tensioner
- Or T-Posts set in concrete + Block Tensioners
2/ On the fence line
Make a straight line by tying a string at 10 inches above ground from your first post
Use your string as a guide to set a straight line of t-posts.
3/ Start mounting the sleeves together :
- 5 segments will make a 5 ft post and 4 segments a 4 ft post.
- Open the T-PostGuard kit box and take out the number of segments you need.
- Make sure to align properly the pre-cut holes; snap the segments together
- Once your sleeve is ready, slide it down your T-Post.
- Do not set the insulators before sliding down the sleeve.
- Some tiny triangles might pop up but that is not a problem.
- To make sure the insulators will be in a straight line, stretch a string from one insulator
- that you set on the fi rst T-PostGuard to one insulator on the last post.
- This will show you the exact line to adjust the height of the T-PostGuard to level the
- insulators. You can force-slide the sleeves up or down to the required level.
- Screw in the insulators, which will also keep the sleeves in place.
- Set the caps and push them down, but don't forget to align first the precut holes. Set the insulator on the cap.
4/ Set the tape
- Set the tape from tensionner to tensioner and then into the insulators (see page 37)
- Close the insulators with the square clips making sure the bumpy side inside the clip is on top
* In case you want to set your fence tape at different heights than the preselected ones ,do not
punch in the pre-cut holes, you can drill your own holes with a 1/2 inch drill bit and screw in the
TO UNDO THE SEGMENTS AND THE CAPS
When mounting or dismounting
your T-postGuard sleeve, if you
realize you haven't aligned the holes
correctly, you can separate the segments
to readjust with a strong push of your hand or
foot at a cross angle on the sleeve.
INSIDE THE T-POSTGUARD
What makes the T-PostGuard fit snuggly without wiggling on the post?
Each sleeve segment has a star shaped pattern that centers the segment using the T-post as a backbone.
|The space between two studs allows you to adjust the height of
your T-postGuard, it will hold it in position, ensuring no wiggling
on the t-post.
Each segment presents 2 precuts centered and sided holes (you
will punch one) in order to suit the T-post position .
2283 Cornell Avenue,
Montgomery IL, 60538 USA
phone: 630-551 0053 fax: 630-966-9374